Sunday, April 12, 2015

Keep Walking

Every day I get closer to our Meeting,
I feel like I have been walking this path for a thousand years towards You,
And yet still i am not there..,
So close, and yet so far still.

But I keep walking,
Despite the tears,
Despite the winds,
Despite the skinned knees and broken bones,
Despite the bruises and scar that make this heart that what it is today,
I keep walking…toward You.
There’s only one direction,
One direction..toward You,from You, to You,
I have nothing else.
Nothing.
That is my poverty.

I keep walking
Because behind every sun’s setting is a rising,
Behind every storm is a Refuge,
Behind every fall is a rise,
Behind every tear is a cleansing of the eyes,
And in every spot I have ever been stabbed, is a healing,
And the creation of skin stronger that it was.

I keep walking
Because wallahi I have nothing but Your mercy
I have nothing but Your promise
Your words
Your promise
That:
“O mankind, indeed you are laboring toward your Lord with (great) exertion and will meet it.”
(Quran, 84;6)



-Reclaim your Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment